The aim of the VIVAC project (Video Inteligente para la seguridad ciudadana, Intelligent Video for citizens’ security) is the development of a video surveillance system capable of automatically detecting behaviour parameters through images. This will improve the quality of the system currently present in the market.
The idea of the project comes from the need expressed by the Municipality of Madrid to ensure the safety of people and public and private properties. One possible solution is the installation of cameras capable of observing and monitoring activities in open spaces.
The video surveillance system will be comprised of:
- An image capture module raised of a set of video cameras used to record public places
- A module in charge of the background estimation and classification
- A module that uses the background estimation and, together with the current images, enables the segmentation of foreground objects from the motion detection
- A module that performs the recognition of each object in three dimensions due to the use of multiple cameras
- A module that keeps track of objects, allowing the recognition of those whose trajectory follows a particular pattern in order to reduce the false alarms
- A module that performs the recognition and the classification of the paths followed by objects whose output will be used in order to interpret the existing activity in the secure environment
Project´s objective and aim
VIVAC main objectives are:
- To increase safety and effectiveness of surveillance systems due to the analysis and the image processing performed by automated software. This will decrease the error rate and the number of false alarms
- The expansion of the areas under control: video surveillance systems allow the monitoring of areas that are too dangerous or that have really high cost to be supervised by the human eye
- To improve the level of perceived safety, providing an increased sense of security and therefore an improvement of the quality of life
Vivac es un proyecto realizado por Avanzit Tecnología, Anova IT Consulting, Fundación General de la Universidad de Alcalá y Tecnologías para la Innovación y Desarrollo de Aplicaciones-Tecnoidea y la colaboración del Ayuntamiento de Madrid (Área de Gobierno de Seguridad y Movilidad) con número de expediente TSI-020302-2009-59 y ha sido financiado por el Ministerio de Industria, Turismo y Comercio dentro del marco del Plan Nacional de Investigación Científica, Desarrollo e Innovación Tecnológica 2008-2011 y por el Fondo Europeo de Desarrollo Regional (FEDER) de la Unión Europea (UE).
In cooperation with
Jointly funded by